1. Killer Mission Bay Views from just about everywhere! Even if you aren’t lucky enough to have a view from your home, catching views of that blue water, especially at sunset will lift your spirits and remind you why you chose to live in San Diego!
2. Location, location, location! Bay Park is so convenient! We are close to the beach without all the traffic congestion and easier freeway access! Hop on the 8, 5 or 52 freeways within minutes of leaving your driveway. 10 minutes to the airport, downtown, Fashion Valley, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Hillcrest…the list goes on!
3. Awesome Schools! Bay Park & Toler Elementary Schools, Marston Middle & Clairemont High all have so much to offer. Pay them a visit and talk to students & teachers! We also have a great Spanish immersion school for grades K-8, Esculea Longfellow, as well as multiple private schools and preschools. Check out the Schools section for details!
4. Opportunities to be active and close to nature abound! We have Mission Bay Park and Tecolote Canyon right in our back yard. Walking, biking & hiking paths are plentiful and don’t forget the Krause Family Skate Park on Clairemont Drive and the YMCA on Linda Vista Rd.. San Diego Yoga is a neighborhood favorite and Club Pilates is a quick jaunt up Morena. The San Diego Tennis & Racquet Club is here and if you are a boating or water sport enthusiast, it’s just across the street at Mission Bay! There are lots of personal trainers and nutritionists in the area if you enjoy one-on-one coaching. Check the Business Directory!
5. Four-legged family members love Bay Park too! Residents are out walking their dogs constantly! You can enjoy Western Hills Park on-leash or Cadman Dog Park off-leash, or take Fido across to Fiesta Island for a swim! Afterwards, you can even take him to one of our dog-friendly restaurants including Bull’s BBQ which will even bring him his own bowl. And whether you want to do it yourself or drop him at the groomer, Dunkin’ Dogs and Doggies Divine have you covered!
6. We’re still a bit of a secret! Bay Park is constantly referred to as “up & coming” and has been called a “hidden gem” and “hot hood” by San Diego Magazine & Riviera Magazine recently reported on us as a hot spot for foodies thanks to the recent influx of successful restaurants.
7. Good Eatin’! The list of restaurants is too long so make it a point to attend The Morena District sponsored “Taste of Morena” and you’ll get an awesome sampling of Bay Park’s well-loved eateries. Enjoy casual dining on local Seafood at Bay Park Fish Co to fine dining at Baci, trendy eats at Luce, farm to table finds at Kitchen 4140, arguably the best burgers in town at High Dive, Mexican food all night at JV’s and on, and on, and on…..
8. Homes in all shapes and sizes! Most homes here were built around the 1950s and many have been remodeled and expanded, often adding second story additions to take advantage of the stunning bay views. There are very few cookie cutter tract homes here and HOAs are rare. Aside from a couple very small developments and a handful of condo complexes, single family homes in Bay Park are without HOA fees or Mello-Roos.
9. A respectable pub-crawl can be had without leaving Bay Park!Starting at Dan Diego’s and heading South to Offshore Tavern, Silver Spigot, Luce, High Dive, Morena Club, The Griffin and Coronado Brewing Co if you can get that far. Offshore, The Griffin and Brick by Brick offer frequent live music and these and many other restaurants have full bars and TVs to enjoy games and share happy hour with friends.
10. Last but not least, AWESOME neighbors!Families with kids, professionals and seniors all mix here to create a neighborhood where people are always out and about, if only for a walk, meeting someone new. Opportunities to meet others exist at every turn whether shopping, dining, exercising or grabbing a cup of coffee at one of our wonderful local coffee houses. Check out the Events section to see what’s coming up for you to meet others in the area.